Thursday, March 12, 2009

As for Buzz




When I was growing up in San Antonio, during the first season of Star Trek I watched it religiously. The episode The Menagerie was a two-parter and the second part was on Thanksgiving evening. Star Trek was on NBC at 7:30 and the CBS Evening Movie that night, Jason and the Argonauts, was at 8 pm.
My cousin Buzz was visiting and my Mom said he could determine what we watched on television that night since he was a guest. Natch, Buzz wanted to watch Jason and the Argonauts, so I had to miss the last half hour of that particular episode, which if you know Star Trek was one of the best ever. It introduced Commander Pike (Jeffrey Hunter) and used footage from the original unaired pilot of Star Trek. It took forever until I was able to see the conclusion. Remember in the mid-60s there was no DVD, video on demand or recording devices to capture such electronic signals.
As for Buzz, never heard from him again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home